|Pre-K||3-4 Y/O||2 Mins||All Belts|
|Kinder||5-6 Y/O||3 Mins||All Belts|
|Youth 1||7-8 Y/O||3 Mins||All Belts|
|Youth 2||9-10 Y/O||3 Mins||All Belts|
|Pre-Teen||11-12 Y/O||3 Mins||All Belts|
|Teen||13-14 Y/O||4 Mins||All Belts|
|Juvenile||15-17 Y/0||4 Mins||All Belts|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||5 Mins||White Belt|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||6 Mins||Blue Belt|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||7 Mins||Purple Belt|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||8 Mins||Brown Belt|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||10 Mins||Black Belt|
|Masters 1 Men's/Women's||30 + Y/O||5 Mins||All Belts|
|Masters 2 Men's||40 + Y/0||5 Mins||All Belts|
|Pre-K||3-4 Y/O||2 Mins||Beginner White/Grey|
|Kinder||5-6 Y/O||3 Mins||Beginner White/Grey|
|Youth 1||7-8 Y/O||3 Mins||Beginner White/Grey||Advanced Yellow/Orange|
|Youth 2||9-10 Y/O||3 Mins||Beginner White/Grey||Advanced Yellow/Orange|
|Pre-Teen||11-12 Y/O||3 Mins||Beginner White/Grey||Advanced Yellow/Orange|
|Teen||13-14 Y/O||4 Mins||Beginner White/Grey||Intermediate Yellow/Orange||Advanced Green/Blue|
|Juvenile||15-17 Y/0||4 Mins||Beginner White/Grey||Intermediate Yellow/Orange||Advanced Green/Blue|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||4 Mins||Beginner White|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||5 Mins||Intermediate Blue/Purple|
|Adult Men's/Women's||18 Y/0||6 Mins||Advanced Brown/Black|
|Masters 1 Men's/Women's||30 + Y/O||4 Mins||Beginner White||Intermediate Blue/Purple||Advanced Brown/Black|
|Masters 2 Men's||40 + Y/0||4 Mins||Beginner White||Intermediate Blue/Purple||Advanced Brown/Black|
|Takedowns or Throws (Landing in or out of Guard)||2 Points|
|Side Control Points (Awarded with Established Position||3 Points|
|Back Control with Hooks or Back Mount||4 Points|
|Knee on Belly||2 Points|
|Turtle Position held behind the Hips||2 Points|
1. Takedowns or Throws – Any time an athlete initiates an action or a counter to an action that results in establishing control in the top position, takedown points will be awarded. This includes; landing in guard, half guard, side control, mount back control, or the turtle position. Note: If you land in any scoring position, ie: the mount position, you will be awarded 4 Points separately after an additional 3 seconds of positional control. If you land in side control position, you will be awarded 3 points separately after an additional 3 seconds of positional control. Please Note: There will be no points awarded for a takedown if landing out of bounds for the safety of competitors and spectators. You will be restarted in the standing position.
2. Side Control Points – Awarded after 3 seconds of positional control.
3. Back Control with Hooks or Back Mount – Knees on the ground with opponent flat on his/her stomach will result in 4 points being awarded after 3 seconds of positional control.
4. Sweeps – With legs (from half guard or full guard) will result in 2 points being awarded after 3 seconds of positional control.
5. Turtle Position – Must be held controlling opponents hips. This will result in 2 points being awarded after 3 seconds of positional control. Turtle position points can only be scored from a takedown or passing of the guard.
6. Mount – Both knees on the ground in the mount position will award 4 points after 3 seconds of positional control.
Out of Bounds or Resetting of Positions
legal and Illegal Techniques
The outcome for overtime is uniform for ALL DIVISIONS for GI, NOGI and Adult Absolute Divisions. All matches will have a 3 Minute time period. Please note that during overtime, you may win by a submission, the first one to score 2 or more points, or a referee decision. In an effort to keep each match fast paced and aggressive, an opponent may pull guard, but if you pull guard in overtime, the referee will award your opponent 1 point. You will not have lost the match, but if for some reason, you ended up standing again, and you were to pull guard again, your opponent would be awarded a 2nd point resulting in end of the match. The stalling rule will be enforced with ZERO tolerance. The referee will give you 1 warning. If you are called for a second warning, the match will be immediately stopped and the referee will automatically give the opponent 2 points resulting in in the loss of the match.
Safety of Athletes
The safety of our competitors is of the utmost importance. Grappling X will make every effort to ensure that a safe environment for all athletes is provided. Keeping this in mind, the referee retains the right to call a stop to any match at any time. If a submission is locked in the referee may tap out for the competitor in order to avoid injury. In the kids divisions once a joint lock is extended the referee will immediately halt the match and award the submission victory. Matches that come close to the edge of the competition area will be stopped and restarted back in the center of the competition area. In the case of a scramble the match will be restarted in the standing position.